ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Files are playing slow after they have been rendered.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffery Da'Shade Johnson
Files are playing slow after they have been rendered.
on Aug 18, 2010 at 3:45:34 am

I am new to AAE CS5... Well i'm new to AAE period, and I can't seem to figure out why my footage is playing slow after I render it. I can't seem to find any info on how to get the file that was exported to play at the SAME speed as it did before it was imported. Am I missing steps, am I using the wrong language to convey my question? HELP please!

These are not big files, and it doesn't matter if I have magic bullet looks on it or not, once I render it the audio plays normally but the footage it slow and choppy...

I would hate to think that this is what I paid for lol.

Can anyone help me?

Thx

Da'Shade

Return to posts index

Karl-Jason Mawdsley
Re: Files are playing slow after they have been rendered.
on Aug 18, 2010 at 7:38:38 am

Hi Jeffrey,

It all depends on a lot of factors really. Speed of processor, settings, compression etc. but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by it's slower after a render? Do you mean RAM preview? What kind of footage is that you are importing?

KJ Mawdsley
Editor/Mograph Designer

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Aug 18, 2010 at 10:07:14 am

It's all in the settings you have for rendering out your final piece. If you render to an uncompressed codec, like QuickTime Animation, then even a SD movie will play choppy on most machines - it's just too much information to compute. You have a variety of possibilities to render your final piece. It all depends on your final use of the piece: DVD, play from a digital source, web...etc.
Adobe Media Encoder is the best option - open the AE project in it, choose the composition you want to render and the choose from the presets- flash video for web, mpeg2 for DVD, and a variety of others.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior Compositor/VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania

Return to posts index

Jeffery Da'Shade Johnson
on Aug 18, 2010 at 6:08:26 pm

Thank you very much I will try this as soon as I get to my workstation. Where can I check out your work?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Aug 18, 2010 at 7:00:21 pm

You can check my work right here on the cow.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Bucharest, Romania

Return to posts index

Jeffery Da'Shade Johnson
on Aug 19, 2010 at 3:32:49 am

I want to thank you very much for the information! Your suggestions helped me so much! I am now importing projects into Media Encoder CS5 and getting my video file from it. I am a believer! Thx!

Return to posts index

Jeffery Da'Shade Johnson
on Aug 18, 2010 at 6:17:21 pm

I'm importing DSLR footage from my canon 7d. I was told that you could edit the native footage in Premiere pro cs5, and when I export my footage to an avi or mpeg2 format from there the exported footage plays fine. I took the footage exported from PPro and imported it into AAE cs5 and after I render it to an avi or mpeg2 file it plays back in the media player (Quicktime and Windows) slower than the audio, and it is all pix-elated. I first used the magic bullet looks filter on the file, and got the result I am trying to fix. Then I did it again without any filters and got the same result.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Aug 18, 2010 at 6:59:33 pm

Ok- so you have maybe a few issues to check on. If you are editing in Premiere CS5, there's no need to export footage and then bring it in to AE CS5- you can just import the Premiere project and open the Sequence you want to work on in AE- it will open it as a comp with all your cuts as individual layers.
When you import footage in AE, you need to make sure that the frame rate of the comp, the footage and the output is the same. It may be that AE is set up on your computer to import sequences of files at 25fps while you rendered them at 30fps (for example), and that may throw off the sync.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Bucharest, Romania

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]