ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Proper settings for use in 720p Avid project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris MerilloProper settings for use in 720p Avid project
by on Aug 17, 2010 at 11:36:51 pm

Hi. I hope someone can help me... I often exchange footage between my Avid and After Effects but usually in SD. This time I'm trying to do the same thing only in a 720p project and I am having problems. What are the proper AE render settings to use to get good video into a 720p Avid project?

When I export the video from AE and import it to the Avid, I either get stuttering video or very ugly video. When I render the video from AE using no field rendering the video looks good in the Avid but it stutters. If I switch it to Lower Field First, the stuttering goes away but the video looks like crap - obvious interlacing and pixelating.

Avid settings - My source video is MXF 720p, 60 fps. I'm working in a 720p project. My import setting is set to 'Image sized for current format' but I've tried the other 3 settings with no luck. Effect Aperature is set to ITU601. And this is Avid MC 3.5.4 on OS X 10.5.6

AE settings - I've tried all kinds of After Effects composition settings and renders setting but I can't find the right combo to make this work. I don't know what the proper settings are for working with 720p, 6o fps video. It is AE CS3.

Can anyone help me find the proper settings to make this work?

(I'm posting this in the AE forum and the Avid forum)

Avid MC, OSX 10.5.6, MacPro QuadCore G5 2.6, NVidia GE Force 120, QT Pro 7.6.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved