I'm trying to move a string of particles around after they've been created.
It should turn out as follows:
- a certain number of particles are created at the beginning (the total number should stay the same all the time)
- particles should be attached to a stroke like "pearls" on a string and move like the keyframed stroke does
Here's what I did:
- created an animated shape layer, set a stroke width, precomped it and used it as a layer emitter for particular
- set the emitter to emit particles only on the first frame
- set all velocities to zero
The result so far:
The particles don't move with the stroke, instead the stroke acts like a mask revealing and hiding particles as it moves along.
Like I said before, the particles should move with the stroke (like they were glued to it) and not move along the stroke as with a motion path.