ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

after effects error: an output module stopped responding.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ericsson Chu
after effects error: an output module stopped responding.
on Aug 15, 2010 at 9:19:36 pm

Hello, I have been trying to export a project I've been working on, but it seems to continually give me back an error (after effects error: an output module stopped responding...). In the end it always creates a few seconds long clip, that is about 1 gig in size. I have been able to export it out before, so I am not sure exactly what has changed? I am trying to export in animation codec with audio.

Return to posts index

David Johnson
Re: after effects error: an output module stopped responding.
on Aug 16, 2010 at 1:01:08 am

Have you tried using the render queue instead of exporting?

If that doesn't solve the issue, more detail will be needed for anyone to help since there could be issues in any one of many places such AE settings (is OpenGL off?), RAM (do you have enough?), other machine specs (can you're machine handle the render you're trying to do?), codecs (are you working with some wonky codec?), etc., etc., etc.

Return to posts index

Ericsson Chu
on Aug 16, 2010 at 10:46:38 am

hello, thanks for the reply.

i am running on a macbook pro santa rosa 2.4 ghz with 4 gb of ram... adobe after effects cs5. I am trying to output to animation codec using the render queue. The projct rendered fine on the same machine previously (albeit the project was smaller). After effects gives me the error a about 6 seconds in for the animation codec file, and 12 seconds for a prores file I tried (by 6 and 12 seconds I mean that it manage to export a watchable clip that is that long... it actually is running for a couple of hours).

I am now trying animation codec with open gl and no audio.

oh the end of that error says something about something possibly being corrupted and to try restarting after effcts? I should've wroten the full sentence down, alas i'll try again overnight and if it doesn't work again i will!

Return to posts index

Ericsson Chu
on Aug 16, 2010 at 5:10:40 pm

hmm, it seems with open gl on it renders 25 seconds with black box glitches... its supposed to be one minute, but no error box comes up. any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 16, 2010 at 5:20:49 pm

[Ericsson Chu] "any thoughts?"

I'm clueless what the term "black box glitches" means, but I looked at your computer specs and you are way, way short on RAM. 4GB is almost nothing in AE-Land. There is absolutely NO way you can use multiprocessing.

So run AE to using one core, allot 1GB for the OS, and give it another shot.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris Liddell
on Dec 8, 2010 at 12:47:46 am

I am having the same issue with my 2x 2.66 DualCore Mac Pro / 6GB RAM / ProRes 422 or 4444 codec... MultiProcessing turned off

any more light to shed please?

thanks
C

Return to posts index

Cameron Zoch
on Apr 18, 2012 at 3:02:12 am

I just had the same error. I have been rendering a project for the past 44 hours and had 2 hours left. Just checked the progress and it had crashed with this error.
Computer Specs:
-Dell XPS L502X
-Windows 7 Home Premium
-Processor: Intel Core i7-2630QM
-CPU: 2.00GHz
-Ram: 8.00GB (7.90GB Usable)
-64bit
I had memory & multiprocessing on, All CPU's and RAM given to AE. I did not however, have OpenGL on.
Please advise me on what to do because I have never rendered this big of a project before.

Return to posts index

Lachlan Fletcher
on Nov 5, 2012 at 9:34:33 pm

Hey guys,

Did this issue get resolved as Im having the same trouble. It seems to have started after I used dynamic link with PPro. I didn't end up using the link so deleted it but the problem persisted.

Many thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]