ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Transparent Font - Can't make trexture mask

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Beau BrothertonTransparent Font - Can't make trexture mask
by on Aug 13, 2010 at 1:53:26 am

Hi, sorry for the lack of info in the title...wasn't sure how to title this post.

I downloaded a shadowed font named "Funny Pages" from this link:

I want to use the font that has a shadow look. The issue that I am having is that they is no fill for this is only transparent. I am want to create a texture of this font (Alpha Matte), but when I do most of the font is transparent and only the outline of the font is shown.

Not sure how to explain this really, I guess you could download the font and try to do an alpha matte with any texture and you'll see what I mean. I don't care what the fill is, I would love any color...white or black. I just really like this font and need it to have a fill for After Effects. I even trying to figure out how to do it in Photoshop.

Any help would be great! Thx. :)

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Transparent Font - Can't make trexture mask
by on Aug 13, 2010 at 1:10:52 pm

Open Photoshop and create a text layer and enter in your text. Bring in your texture, or create a new layer, solid color that you will use as a fill and place this in the layer below your text.

Select the text layer and use the magic wand and select in the transparent area around your text. Move down to your solid/texture and hit delete. If you have letters like cap "P" you may have to repeat this step a couple of times to knock out the hole area in the "P".

Now make sure to delete the default white background layer and select merge layers. Save as a .psd and you have a filled text layer.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved