ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Chroma Blue key

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Knapich
Chroma Blue key
on Aug 12, 2010 at 7:30:12 pm

This actress is being re-shot with the same wardrobe and props, but against a Chroma Blue background (see my inserts). Should be enough of a value difference so that I can key out background with Keylight, yes?

FCP 6.06, OS 10.5.8 2x3GHZ Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Kona LHe, Dulce Duo-eSATA 8 Drive, 4TB Raid.

John Knapich
Creative Director/Partner
Assembypix.tv

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Chroma Blue key
on Aug 12, 2010 at 7:42:22 pm

You should be fine -- I was concerned about small stray hairs, but I don't see any.

If you're going to all this trouble, I hope you're using a good camera for the shoot!

You can sometimes coax a little bit more detail out of green, because green is normally used for luminance information in the picture, and it's recorded at full resolution. But a LOT of cameras and video codecs cheat by keeping only 1/2 or even 1/4 the color information by reducing the color resolution by that much. It's good enough to fool the human eye, but the 1/4 color resolution won't fool a computer.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Knapich
on Aug 12, 2010 at 7:48:21 pm

Unfortunately, the set was repainted to blue before the re-shoot. The good part is they will shoot with a Red Camera and we are using ProRes HQ.

FCP 6.06, OS 10.5.8 2x3GHZ Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Kona LHe, Dulce Duo-eSATA 8 Drive, 4TB Raid.

John Knapich
Creative Director/Partner
Assembypix.tv

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 12, 2010 at 8:31:52 pm

The only POSSIBLE problem area might be the talent's dress: there a little blue in it. I doubt it would key out, but if it does, a garbage matte should handle it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jason Byfield
on Aug 14, 2010 at 12:28:06 am

The frames of her glasses look pretty reflective and you might pickup some of the blue background. The solution, as Dave stated, would be a garbage matte for the win.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]