ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Inconsistant display when I collapse trans on duplicated instances

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark IvanInconsistant display when I collapse trans on duplicated instances
by on Aug 12, 2010 at 3:06:24 pm

Hi there

Having a problem recalling the answer to this problem I'm in again.

I have 4 instances of the same precomp in my comp. The only difference between them is that I've shortened & offset some of the the layers to create a complex animation (large technical diagram of servers passing info to each other, etc). All the Instances have collapse transformation on as they get blurry when I size them correctly & collapsing sharpens them back up

The comp with these 4 instances is then put into my main comp and then animated to move & scale in, but I'm getting odd motion blur on the instance in the top left for some reason, when they come to rest. It's like its got a different shutter phase to the others and theres an odd jarring. Thing is they're all the same precomp with the same source.

I do see a difference in the timeline switch icons when I compare it to the others. They're all collapsed but it's the only one with a dash through the quality and motion blur switches but I cant see a reason for this as it is the same instance as the other 3. It hasn't got any effects on it to make it different. Inside the instance all motion blur & max quality switches are on (none are collapsed).

Why am I getting a different result when I collapse the top left instance, since its the same as the other 3 I have ?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Inconsistant display when I collapse trans on duplicated instances
by on Aug 12, 2010 at 3:47:54 pm

This sounds like an extremely complicated project. Is it possible to prerender some of these nested compositions to simplify it?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mark IvanRe: Inconsistant display when I collapse trans on duplicated instances
by on Aug 13, 2010 at 9:58:47 am

Hmm, maybe I'm going into too much detail.

Perhaps my question should be - what causes those dashes in the quality and motion blur switches when you collapse a pre-comp? Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. Can't recall/ find why.

Yes I probably should pre-render anyhow. Thanks for that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]