ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

timecode eliminate black background

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Moyertimecode eliminate black background
by on Aug 12, 2010 at 1:58:32 am

I'm trying to put an onscreen timer on one of my videos in Premiere pro. To do that, I created a new After Effects comp and used the timecode effect. However, the timecode effect puts the timer on top of a small rectangular black background that I can't seem to get rid of. I tried exporting with an alpha channel, I even tried keying it out in Premiere (but it's like it didn't even recognize it was there).

How can I get rid of that and just have the numbers on screen over my video?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: timecode eliminate black background
by on Aug 12, 2010 at 3:48:37 am

See the top of the "Timecode effect" page for some alternatives to using the Timecode effect (using animation of text layers, instead).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: timecode eliminate black background
by on Aug 12, 2010 at 1:23:36 pm

And here's another way to skin this cat:
  • In the current comp, duplicate the timecode layer, Precomp it and make it the upper layer.
  • In the precomp, add a black solid as the bottom layer.
  • Back in the original comp, use the precomp as a luma matte or luma inverted matte -- I forget which -- for the original timecode layer.

You now have timecode over a transparent background, which you can render with an alpha channel.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]