ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

melting snow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nida ekinmelting snow
by on Aug 10, 2010 at 10:42:27 pm

Peace be upon him who follow true guidance,
Im trying to do melting snow.but certainly should be too realistic. I can learn some tips and cheats about snowing, melting and snow (on a place,static) completely realistic like on a hollywood film. waiting for your helps...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: melting snow
by on Aug 10, 2010 at 10:52:54 pm

[nida ekin] "Im trying to do melting snow... completely realistic like on a hollywood film"

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the most realistic way to get a melting snow effect is to shoot melting snow. This is not an easy trick for most people at this time of year.

You didn't say if this melting needs to be in real time, or speeded up as in stop-motion photography.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

nida ekinRe: melting snow
by on Aug 11, 2010 at 9:20:07 am

oww... this is really bad news. But maybe there is a way to do little less realistic than fully realistic?if you want to make snow what technique do you use? How can I make a winter looking? Of course I can make snowing with particles well but cant snow on a place... Please everyone writes a technique about snow and winter.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 11, 2010 at 8:10:30 pm

[nida ekin] "Of course I can make snowing with particles well but cant snow on a place."

Have you seen these tutorials about snow?
http://library.creativecow.net/search.php?q=snow+%22Adobe+After+Effects%22

Look closely at the one called "Particle Playground on Ice".

But that doesn't solve the problem of melting snow. I think you want to make a melting snow effect because it would be a new thing -- you almost never see melting snow effects. That's because they are so difficult to do convincingly that no one does them.

You see snow melt in cartoons, but it doesn't look realistic. If that doesn't bother you, you could make a pile of snow in Illustrator, then use one of AE's Distort effects to make the pile shrink irregularly. Mesh Warp could do it, I think.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

nida ekinRe: melting snow
by on Aug 12, 2010 at 1:44:37 pm

yes I have never seen before melting... tryied making a pile of snow with illustrator and photoshop but something was wrong actually missing. look at that picture snow is too strange

I am thinking shot photo of sand do you think its a good idea? sand look like snow.. maybe-- dont know...
I wonder can make this with 3ds max or maya?

Return to posts index

by on Aug 12, 2010 at 3:38:25 pm

[nida ekin] "I am thinking shot photo of sand do you think its a good idea? sand look like snow.. "

Sand may look like snow, but it doesn't BEHAVE like snow. You can't get make sand stick to itself. A pile of sand would not be tall, like the snow on the table. It would be shaped like a cone.

[nida ekin] "I wonder can make this with 3ds max or maya?"

You can ask on those forums. I don't know 3ds max or Maya. I think it would be very difficult to make realistic melting snow in them.

I stand by my original advice: if you need realistic melting snow, you need to shoot actual melting snow.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]