ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects - Export SWF

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mikael FagerAfter Effects - Export SWF
by on Aug 10, 2010 at 8:56:19 am

Hi Guys,

I have made a small title sequense for my website (only 160k). From After Effects CS4, I export it as a swf. But after exporting, the animtion is slightly slower in the swf than in the original artwork.

I have checked framerates and time, and everything seem to be ok.
I have also made a flash preloader to make sure the swf is properly loaded.

Anyone got a clue why it tend to be slower?

Many thanx

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: After Effects - Export SWF
by on Aug 10, 2010 at 7:28:57 pm

Whatever the problem is- don't render swf straight from AE!
Use Adobe Media Encoder for that- I'll bet your problems will disappear.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior Compositor/VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects - Export SWF
by on Aug 10, 2010 at 7:55:39 pm

Tudor, I don't think that Adobe Media Encoder can export SWF files.

Mikael, you say this: "But after exporting, the animtion is slightly slower in the swf than in the original artwork. I have checked framerates and time, and everything seem to be ok."

When you refer to the "original artwork", are you referring to files imported into After Effects? What are their frame rates? How are you checking this? Now, what is the frame rate of your composition? How are you checking this?

All this said, Tudor's comment about not exporting SWF from After Effects has some truth. For some things, like text animation, this can work out pretty well, but for many things SWF export from After Effects rasterizes too many things and makes really big files.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Mikael FagerRe: After Effects - Export SWF
by on Aug 11, 2010 at 7:58:32 am

Hi Guys,
Many thanx for your help.

Todd: When refered to "original artwork" I ment the animation in After Effects, playing from the timeline. In terms of Framerate, I have set the framerate in AE and Flash to 30fps.

My animation can be found at http://www.mikaelfager.com, it is the intro where the "Flickering" should occur much quicker. There are no vectors, only an imported png from photoshop into AE.

If I shouldnt export swf from AE, is there an other way to export you AE designs to swf/fla?

Thanx for all help in advance.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects - Export SWF
by on Aug 11, 2010 at 3:55:02 pm

> If I shouldnt export swf from AE, is there an other way to export you AE designs to swf/fla?

Here's a page that tells you about all of your options.
"Rendering and exporting for Flash Professional and Flash Player"

> In terms of Framerate, I have set the framerate in AE and Flash to 30fps.

Do you mean that the frame rate set for the composition in the Composition Settings dialog box in After Effects is 30 frames per second? (That's the level of detail that I'm asking for when I'm trying to help.)

> My animation can be found at http://www.mikaelfager.com, it is the intro where the "Flickering" should occur much quicker.

It doesn't really help me to watch that, since I don't have anything to compare it to. But here's a question: Does everything else play at the speed that it should? If so, then the problem isn't with the frame rate of the movie being set or interpreted incorrectly but, perhaps, with a lag as frames are loaded and played.

> There are no vectors, only an imported png from photoshop into AE.

If you're not using vectors, then why are you exporting the animation as SWF in the first place? SWF is for vectors. FLV and F4V are for bitmap/raster images.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: After Effects - Export SWF
by on Aug 11, 2010 at 9:48:28 am

Yea- Todd is right- I was actually thinking flash when I wrote that.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior Compositor/VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]