ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS5: Exporting clips in timeline as separate clips

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandt Wilson
AE CS5: Exporting clips in timeline as separate clips
on Aug 9, 2010 at 2:47:53 am

I have a set of five h.264 clips that I need to color grade to match, then render and export as ProRes 422 clips. The key is that they need to remain individual clips for editing in FCP. What is the most straightforward way of doing this from a single timeline?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

David Johnson
Re: AE CS5: Exporting clips in timeline as separate clips
on Aug 9, 2010 at 3:14:49 am

If you want to render individual clips from AE, it seems easiest to use separate comps and multiple comp viewers to see them side-by-side as you work in AE.

If you want them in one AE comp, but also want to render them separately, you can add that comp to the render queue 5 times and change the in/out points for each render in the output module. You'd also need to change the output file names since they're all the same comp and, therefore, will default to the same file name.

You could also nest the comp you do the grading in into 5 shorter comps and adjust the portion of the graded comp that shows in each, then render each of those.

Another option is to just work in one comp, render that comp as one file, then simply cut it up as needed in FCP.

If I thought about it long enough, there's probably a half dozen more ways to do it ... along with advantages and disadvantages to each, but any of them will work ... just depends on your preference.

Return to posts index

Adriano Moraes
Re: AE CS5: Exporting clips in timeline as separate clips
on Aug 9, 2010 at 4:34:35 am

Hi there.

Guess this is just what you need:

http://aescripts.com/rd-render-layers/

I´ve been in the same situation once and it saved a lot of my time.

Hope it helps.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]