ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Awkward Audio Looping

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lillian YoungAwkward Audio Looping
by on Aug 9, 2010 at 2:41:11 am

This has never happened before. I had a perfectly working comp, then I added a wav audio file and things went bezerk.

My aiff files went out of sync, looped for no apparent reason, and in a place where I lowered the wav file's volume, a non-connected aiff file's volume lowered. The Twilight Zone??

I cleared the cache, deleted the wav file, closed the project and even created NEW versions of the audio tracks. But each time I re-imported them (different names and all), they'd play normally for a few seconds, then LOOP.

My comp consists of:

A movie (of an effect, animation, 30fps)
A PSD image sequence of the video I am trying to export
Two aif stereo files from FCP 7 that I layered just fine in the past until now
Comp frame rate is 30fps

I even tried to interpret the audio footage. In that dialogue box, Loop is set to 1. I tried to set it to 0, but it resets to 1.

I can't think of anything else. At this time, I'm just adding the audio in FCP, but that's not okay. Something's wrong. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: Awkward Audio Looping
by on Aug 9, 2010 at 3:18:05 am

That is indeed very weird ... the only thing I can think of is that I've heard there's some kind of issue with AIFs in CS5 ... I'm still on CS3 so I can't confirm, but you might want to search for some info about that and, if it seems legit, transcode the AIFs to WAVs.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Awkward Audio Looping
by on Aug 9, 2010 at 8:53:48 pm

That's correct -- there IS an issue with AIFF files in AE 10. I imagine that when they found out about it, the Adobe software engineers did a collective Homer Simpson "DOH!"

They're working on it. Trust me. The fix isn't far off.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Grote, Jr.Awkward Audio Looping Problems
by on Aug 18, 2010 at 12:36:21 pm

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one that is not losing his mind. But I do have another problem and I think it has to do with the new Mac towers, because I have had an audio issue on AE 3 and AE 5 on different machines. Has anyone encountered this problem? My audio when I play it back at a different time in the comp it loops back to the beginning. Very strange. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

John Grote, Jr.

J. Grote, Jr.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved