AE template for different bpm's songs?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Balazs Frank
AE template for different bpm's songs?
on Aug 7, 2010 at 10:04:05 pm

Hello,

I'd like to ask ideas about ideas or thougt about this scene:

I am making several product video introducing sound products. As I have several products, I want to make a template-like AE project and change the text and graphics inside. There is no live footage, just AE comps, 1080p resolution at 30 fps.

As these are about sound products in different musical genres (hence different tempos from 90 to 200 bpm) I'd like to create a kind of video template that matches to sound to a degree - I do not mean syncronizing all animation beat-by-beat, but at least there should be some changes at the intro-verse-chorus etc. section. So I'd like to make a kind of reusable "modular" animation template with lots of nested comps, with e.g 6-8 repeating "subthemes" (10 sec. long each) where timing of different songs and the basic gfx could be easily changed every time.

I do know it requires some careful planning... do you have any suggestion how to approach this scenario?

Thanks,
Balazs

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: AE template for different bpm's songs?
on Aug 8, 2010 at 5:29:51 pm

You could make a template project that contained the compositions set up as you like, and then use that template project as the basis for each new project.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Balazs Frank
on Aug 9, 2010 at 7:41:03 pm

Thanks for the answer, however it was an obvious thing that I'll use templates.

My question still concerns about the clever method of making the nesting of comps related to syncing animation to different bpm songs. I do know all it can be done by keyframing a lot, but is there maybe any better solution of approach?

Any other idea?

Thanks,
Balazs

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 9, 2010 at 8:46:06 pm

[Balazs Frank] "I do know all it can be done by keyframing a lot, but is there maybe any better solution of approach?"

There really isn't. The problem: no one wants music beds that are like cookie cutters. So there is bound to be variation in length of intros, verses, bridges, etc. It's going to be EXTREMELY difficult to execute it, to say nothing of planning it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]