ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

flying through the air background.?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Delflying through the air background.?
by on Aug 7, 2010 at 5:19:41 pm

At the very beginning of Scott Pilgrim VS the World, there is a scene in the interactive trailer here :
that shows with a moving background (first blue, then orange, then blue and orange, you get the idea), this comes in right after Edgar Wright speaks and shows Scott Pilgrim fighting against one of the evil ex's - I have asked how to do this before from different perspectives, and at last I found a video that shows what I am looking for...
Any ideas how to create this look?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: flying through the air background.?
by on Aug 9, 2010 at 2:05:43 pm

There are several ways to achieve that effect.
You could use a particle effect - such as CC Particle World - to shoot a custom particle in a rectangle shape.
You could create a seamless image in Photoshop and use the Offset effect and animate the Shift Center To control.
You could use Turbulent Noise or Fractal Noise with the noise type set to block and mess with the scale to get the look you want then animate the Offset turbulence.
Here's a thread I participated in on where someone was after something similar, but less blocky.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved