ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Make movie settings

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nina BjerMake movie settings
by on Aug 5, 2010 at 2:55:11 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to export the best possible quality file from AE to then import to Encore. (I'm on a PC.) I wonder if this seems right?

I go to make movie and enter these settings:

Render Settings: Based on Lossless

Output Module: Based on "Lossless":

Based on lossless: Quick Time
Video output: RGB + Alfa
Animation
1440x1080
Aspect ratio: 4:3
Sound: 48

Am I ringh doing this? Thanks in advance for any help!

Kind regards
NB

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Make movie settings
by on Aug 5, 2010 at 2:59:43 pm

[Nina Bjer] "Am I ringh doing this? "

Nope. 1440x1080 is NOT typically 4x3, it's 16x9. You may also have to make TWO versions of this animation: one with a Straight Alpha Channel, and one with a Premultiplied Alpha channel. One of those should work.

Finally, you should NOT export. You should render using the AE Render Queue... batch processing, y'know.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nina BjerRe: Make movie settings
by on Aug 5, 2010 at 4:02:44 pm

Thanks Dave! Very grateful for your help! J Unfortunately I’m still a little uncertain:

“1440x1080 is NOT typically 4x3, it's 16x9“, yes that’s what I thought, but when in the dialogue box of Output Module Settings, under the box Stretch there is a already ticked box of Lock Aspect Ratio to 4:3. How do I choose 16:9 instead (which I would also prefer)?

In the composition Settings dialogue box I have chosen:
1) the preset of HDV 1080 25 - don‘t know if this is right?
2) the pixel Aspect Ratio HDV 1080/DVCPRO HD 720 (1,33) - don‘t know if this is right?

I’ll do the two versions you mention. Is it Alfa I should choose, and not Alfa + RGB?

Yes sorry if I was unclear, I am using render cue.

Thanks so much in advance!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Make movie settings
by on Aug 5, 2010 at 4:14:08 pm

The easiest way to know your comp is right is to drag a piece of video onto the Make Comp icon at the bottom of the project window. AE knows what to do. You can then examine the settings for frame rate, resolution and pixel aspect ratio.

When you want TRANSPARENCY in your video, you create a movie with an alpha channel. Otherwise, you don't need the alpha channel.

For an alpha channeled movie in Quicktime's animation codec, you would use "RGB + Alpha", "Millions of Colors +". Then select Straight or Premultiplied.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

by on Aug 5, 2010 at 7:43:08 pm

Thank you so much! :)

Return to posts index

by on Sep 8, 2010 at 2:18:29 pm

Dear Dave or anyone else,

Just to confirm to be sure, would you please, please tell me if this is right and help me with the questions beolw? Thanks ever so much!!!

So for rendering I go to Add to render Que. In the Render Settings dialogue box i leave it as it is. (the size is 1440 x 1080).

In the Output Module settings dialogue box:

Based on Lossless

Video for Windows är pre-chosen, so I change this to Quick Time.

Channels RGB

Color: Premultiplied

The Stretch dialogue box is greyed out, and the width and height is 1440 x 1080. The little box here saying Lock Aspect Ratio to 4:3 is ticked already. Why? Sould untick it?

There is also the dropdown menu where I can chose to stretch the 1440 x 1080 video to Custom or HDV 1080 25 or DVCPRO HD 720 23,976... I don’t want to stretch the format, shall I leave this unchecked?

Audio 48 kHz.

I tried to export like this to see if it worked, and turned out to be 16:9, but it crashed...

I am still on my PC with HD video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]