ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Black line on XDCAM EX render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven EscobarBlack line on XDCAM EX render
by on Aug 5, 2010 at 3:40:55 am

I'm having trouble with my renders from XDCAM EX codec at 23.98 fps having a black line around the quicktime and also being dark. I've looked at the settings and everything is correct but can't figure out why it's doing that. Can anyone give any input as to why it might be doing that? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Steven Escobar

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Black line on XDCAM EX render
by on Aug 6, 2010 at 4:13:17 pm

There's a thread on the Adobe forums about this.
One person said it was an issue with Sony's codec. But it may also be a bug in AE (depending on what kind of footage you're using, apparently).
My suggestion would be to render out as a lossless codec (Quicktime with a PNG codec is good - NOT a PNG sequence, btw) and use something like Adobe Media Encoder to do your final encode.
Unless you're planning to use this AE output in an editing program. In which case you should simply import the lossless file into your NLE. This would be something you should be doing anyway as encoding to a compressed format as an intermediate file isn't a good practice.

Anyway, if your issue is the bug in AE, read the thread I linked; help is on the way.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved