ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Video Grid

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eddy Rose
Video Grid
on Aug 4, 2010 at 7:11:34 pm

Skip to 00:45

See how the videos in the grid swap places and rearrange themselves back into the same grid? I need to do that with about 100 videos.

I'm sure it can be done with the proper script or the right plugin,, i just don't know where to look or what it'd be called, (swapping video grid ae script? idk. Can neone point me in the right direction?

Any help much appreciated,, thx

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Video Grid
on Aug 4, 2010 at 8:29:25 pm

[Eddy Rose] "I'm sure it can be done with the proper script or the right plugin"

Yow. Now that's a challenge. You'll note in that video that they didn't try making those little boxes out of pieces of moving footage.

I'm not very familiar with the whole panoply of scripts, and about the only thing in AE straight out of the box that could come close would be the Card Dance effect:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WS3878526689cb91655866c1103a9d...

To do what you want with it, you'd probably end up animating a luminance map and verrrry carefully arranging your grid of video layers in their own comp.

I hope somebody suggests a script that might do the trick.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Eddy Rose
on Aug 5, 2010 at 7:09:53 pm

So I wound up doing it by hand,, and honestly it wasn't all that bad,,

I just set the videos up into a grid really fast by making a line of 10 and duplicating and dragging it till I had a 10x10 square. Then I kf'd the positions, jumped ahead 30 frames and copied and pasted one videos position into another's at random till they were good and mixed up. All and all pretty easy.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 5, 2010 at 7:16:09 pm

Oh, well I had the wrong idea! I thought you wanted to start with, say, a 10x10 grid, then move and scale everything to give you something like a 4x25 column.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]