ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Running out of workspace area - workflow to make everything fit

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Volkov
Running out of workspace area - workflow to make everything fit
on Aug 4, 2010 at 4:53:50 pm

Hello

I am making a project where I'm explaining a particular subject visually, but now my whole area is filled up. I am rather new in AE, and I still haven't really figured out a way of, which workflow is best for this sort of thing. Should I expand my work area into a huge one, and let a single camera pan around into corresponding spots, should I convert all of my stuff (shapes, masks, texts) into a new precomp and let it pan around to show particular parts, or is there a whole another approach?

To rephrase my issue: I want a better overview of my objects in the workspace, because there will be alot of cammera zooming and panning, because I am making some animated mindmaps.

I appreciate all the help

Best Regards

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Running out of workspace area - workflow to make everything fit
on Aug 4, 2010 at 5:04:24 pm

This sounds pretty complicated... what does your storyboard look like?

You DO have a storyboard for planning purposes, right?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alex Volkov
on Aug 4, 2010 at 5:08:10 pm

Hi, thanks for your fast reply :)

I'm usually using detailed storyboards for my projects, but this is a rather simple project, and the storyboard for this is a sketched version on a paper, with some notes on it.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Allen
on Aug 4, 2010 at 9:55:31 pm

I guess it depends on wheter you are more comfortable animating a camera or moving a comp around.. Either way you would create a really big comp to lay out all your different parts. Then you could either animate a camera in that comp, or put the big comp into a smaller, final frame size comp and move the comp around to show the different parts.

Personally, I would probably go for animating the camera. That way you can still see the other parts at all times while working, and if you need to re-time the camera with certain animations, it's easier because it's all in one comp.

Hope this helps.. Others may have better methods.

---------------------------------------------
8core MacPro, 3.0 GHZ, 10GB RAM, OSX 10.5.6

C4D 11.5
AE CS3
FCP 6.0.1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]