ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Text Effect Quesion - smoother animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex VolkovText Effect Quesion - smoother animation
by on Aug 4, 2010 at 1:08:28 pm

at 2:38, the "$1000.000" text in this vide; The way it's animated - I tried to do that, but I just can't succeed. I am currently using a text preset: Text > Animate In > Drop in by Character. I have set my Opacity to 0%, to make my text fade in, in stead of poping up instantly, but what I don't undestand is how he made the text come in smoothly letter by letter. Not 1 letter at the time, as it currently is, but when 1 letter starts to appear, very short time after, the next one begins as well. Sort of like a wave.

How is this possible?

And now that I am at it, I would love to hear how he made the "BORROWED" text to warp in.

Please help me guys. It means alot.

Thanks in advance for all help.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Text Effect Quesion - smoother animation
by on Aug 5, 2010 at 8:25:49 pm

Start with the "drop in" preset. Change the position to where you would like, in the example, it's only moves about 75 pixels.

In the range selector properties twirl down "advanced" and change the shape to "Ramp Up".

Change Ease High to 100%

Now delete the start keyframes. Set a Offset keyframe to -100% move down the timeline and set another Offset keyframe at 100%.

The Borrowed doesn't look like a warp. Just looks like he added an animate "scale" to the text and went from 0 to 100% in a 4 frames.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

Alex VolkovRe: Text Effect Quesion - smoother animation
by on Aug 5, 2010 at 8:57:40 pm

Thanks alot! I appreciate :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved