ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Text Plugin

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt mosherText Plugin
by on Aug 3, 2010 at 3:19:20 am

I recently saw on the web a plugin that has a glowing animated text effect that will wrap the text around the entire wall top to bottom of a scene. Does anyone know of the plugin ? I can't remember where I saw it?

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Text Plugin
by on Aug 3, 2010 at 3:19:32 pm

[matt mosher] "text effect that will wrap the text around the entire wall top to bottom of a scene."

are you talking about a 3d scene constructed in ae, or an image/footage? and do you only want to map it to a single wall, or will it wrap around something like 2 walls and a floor, like a projection of text into a room?

if you just needed to map text to a wall in an image/footage, then you could use something like corner pin, or make the text layer 3d and rotate and position it to match the perspective in the shot.

if you can create a depth map for the planes of the room, you could try the displacement map effect on a text layer.

if you want it to be more like a projection, then you can actually use the text layer and a light to project it into the scene. if you need to project it onto an image/footage then you could adapt andrew kramer's 3d projection technique. here's that totorial:

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

matt mosherRe: Text Plugin
by on Aug 3, 2010 at 6:52:02 pm

I am looking to wrap it around the 2 or more walls and the floor if needed. With a projector type lighting effect i.e.- like the brinks home security effect that they have in there commercials. If you have seen those on TV.I don't have a link for them.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Text Plugin
by on Aug 3, 2010 at 8:13:33 pm

Then you should check out the videocopilot tutorial Kevin mentions. It ought to work for you.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Text Plugin
by on Aug 5, 2010 at 2:21:06 am

As good as Andrew's training are, they can be confusing for some folks cos Andrew doesn't make it a point to explain the details.

Our very own Rick Gerard worked on an identical effect ages ago and his tutorial is much more in-depth and focuses on really teaching the topic very well.

Roland Kahlenberg

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved