ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Composition keeps failing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aymeric De MeautisComposition keeps failing
by on Aug 2, 2010 at 11:17:31 pm

Hey guys, looked everywhere on the net but haven't had any luck.

My situation is I've got a 13 second AE composition, with minimal effects, and one large background. The background is 2800x1080 (its a long rectangle for an HD composition. Pretty much a solid with fractual noise applied to it (so it looks like stars in the background). The camera pans across the screen so thats why its 2800 long.

It either keeps crashing and saying "unable to allocate space for 2800 x 1080 image buffer"

I've done the "Secret menu" which doesnt work, have multi-processing switched on, played with the settings for either longer ram preview or faster rendering - keeps crashing, purged all, cleared the cache...saved the file in different locations..nothings helped.

I'm running CS4, thinking of going onto CS5 or getting a new computer...

My computer stats are:

i7 950 3.07GHz
18GB Memory/Ram
Nvidia Quadro FX 1700
RAID 10 setup

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Composition keeps failing
by on Aug 2, 2010 at 11:22:54 pm

If it fails with Multi processing off have you tried pre-renedering just the background?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Composition keeps failing
by on Aug 3, 2010 at 12:36:03 am

[Aymeric De Meautis] "My situation is I've got a 13 second AE composition, with minimal effects, and one large background. The background is 2800x1080 (its a long rectangle for an HD composition. Pretty much a solid with fractual noise applied to it (so it looks like stars in the background). The camera pans across the screen so thats why its 2800 long."

This is not a direct answer to your question, but I'd usually use a particle system (like Particular or CC Particle World) to generate a star field that reacts to the camera; it'll render a lot faster and use a bit less RAM than Fractal Noise.

[Aymeric De Meautis] "It either keeps crashing and saying "unable to allocate space for 2800 x 1080 image buffer" I've done the "Secret menu" which doesnt work, have multi-processing switched on, played with the settings for either longer ram preview or faster rendering - keeps crashing, purged all, cleared the cache...saved the file in different locations..nothings helped."

What secret settings did you use? In the regular multiprocessing menu, how many processes are you allowing? Try leaving more processors available to other applications.

As Brian mentioned, pre-rendering that big comp is a great idea. You could even temporarily turn off multiprocessing just for the pre-render.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]