ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE crashes everytime when copying...anything

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris PowersAE crashes everytime when copying...anything
by on Jul 30, 2010 at 2:26:14 pm

Well, this is strange. I'm working in a project that has a lot of scanned sketches that I'm using as 3d layers.

It's been working fine for a few weeks and I'm nearly done, and now, at the end, it's begun to crash every single time I copy a layer. Sometimes there is a "not enough memory" error, sometimes there is a runtime error that literally says there has been a "strange occurance" and sometimes it just crashes without warning. But anyway, its weird and frustrating and only happens when copying....which I don't get.

I'm using CS3 on windows 7 32 bit, 4 GB (2.99 GB usable) RAM, intel Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz.

Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE crashes everytime when copying...anything
by on Jul 30, 2010 at 3:01:44 pm

[Chris Powers] "I'm working in a project that has a lot of scanned sketches that I'm using as 3d layers.... it's begun to crash every single time I copy a layer... I'm using CS3 on windows 7 32 bit, 4 GB (2.99 GB usable) RAM, intel Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz."

I think you're running out of memory. In fact, I have one whole American dollar that says so. That's why the problem hasn't arisen before this point -- the project has grown to the point where you've stretched your memory to the limit.

Before you go any further with this project, you'll have to start doing prerenders. Yes, it's going to be a pain to plan out what you need to prerender. Yes, you're probably going to have to re-think how to organize the project to do prerendering. Yes, it's going to slow you down. But with such a sparse amount of memory in your machine, I don't see how you can do anything else.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: AE crashes everytime when copying...anything
by on Jul 30, 2010 at 6:48:09 pm

Can you get more RAM?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]