ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Pick-Wip a Mask to a Null Layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha EngelPick-Wip a Mask to a Null Layer
by on Jul 30, 2010 at 12:45:54 pm

Hi Everybody,

I have a problem - what a surprise ;-):
A moving handholdshot, which I tracked. The Tracking Data I copied on a Null Layer.
Now I created a mask on the original layer (which I tracked before). This mask I want to attach to the Tracking Data on my Null Layer, but when I pick-wip the mask position to the Position Data of the Null Layer it gives an Error Message.

Any idea, how I can attach my Mask position to the Tracking Data on my Null Layer?

Thanx.

Greetz,

Sascha

Return to posts index

Bartek SkorupaRe: Pick-Wip a Mask to a Null Layer
by on Jul 30, 2010 at 1:26:35 pm

Sure:

Add a solid above the layer you want to mask. Add mask to this solid instead of adding it to the target layer. Set "Track Matte" of the target layer to Alpha Matte. Parent the solid to the null containing tracking data.

Bartek Skorupa
Warszawa, Poland

Return to posts index

Sascha EngelRe: Pick-Wip a Mask to a Null Layer
by on Jul 30, 2010 at 1:48:13 pm

Thanx man, I will try both of your advices to my two questions.
Will let you know, how it worked for me.

Greetings to Poland! (I was just performing there one month ago - Warsaw is a GREAT city :-)

Sascha

Return to posts index

by on Jul 30, 2010 at 1:53:50 pm

Don't I have to double then the Main Layer which contains my footage?
I try to describe my project more detailed: I have a skyline of the shore of Tel Aviv, shot from a boat.
I added an Adjustment Layer, with the A Light/Lens Flare Effect, which I use as Explosion.
The Flare should be behind the Skyline, so I added a mask to my Adjustment Layer, which Contains the Flare Effect, to limit it to the space in the frame above the Skyline (the mask has the shape of the Skyline).
Because, the thing was shot on a boat, I tracked the original footage and put the tracking Data on a Null Layer. The Flare Position I attached to the Null Layer's Position, and I would like to be able to do the same with the Mask on The Adjustment Layer, which is limiting the Flare Effect.

Sascha

Return to posts index

by on Jul 30, 2010 at 3:28:21 pm

I found a way to make that one work. Thanx!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]