ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

mutliple video from one comp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
simon chmiewliskimutliple video from one comp
by on Jul 28, 2010 at 2:58:53 pm

I have a multi screen video wall that i need to render out an animation for and all the screens are synchronized (so the content flows across all screens).

I was wondering if it is possible automate this in anyway.

for example if i have a 2x2 video wall and i know the exact pixel measurement including the bezels of the monitors (so i can pin point all 4 display areas.

is it possible to create on big comp and render out the 4 display areas as 4 single 1920 x 1080 (for example) videos?

i know you can do it with render region but then that leads to duplicating the comp 4 times and adding it to the que 4 separate times this can become very time consuming as in some cases i may have up2 25 individual screens.

hope i made that as clear as possible

any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Simon.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: mutliple video from one comp
by on Jul 28, 2010 at 3:38:45 pm

[simon chmiewliski] "is it possible to create on big comp and render out the 4 display areas as 4 single 1920 x 1080 (for example) videos?"

Yes. Create one single working comp that's the full size of all your displays (with space for bezels).

Then create four render comps at 1920x1080. Drop your working comp into each of these render comps and re-position it as necessary.

You'll continue to work in your working comp, but when it comes time for output, add all four render comps to the render queue and go. There's no need to render the working comp.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]