ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How To Get This Look?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allen Jette
How To Get This Look?
on Jul 26, 2010 at 8:37:54 pm

Hey, new guy here. Can someone give me a quick rundown on how to accomplish this? Such as lighting, camera settings, DOF.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
Re: How To Get This Look?
on Jul 26, 2010 at 9:02:27 pm

It looks as if you have a bunch of imported stills there ... throw 'em into the comp, make 'em 3D, add a 3D camera (as for the camera setting, use your eyes -- is it wide or narrow?) Make sure the images are high-rese enough to handle being shown in closeup. Then you make the camera pull back, place your images where they look good for the pullback, set the DOF shallow or deep according to your taste, apply bevel alpha and a CC light sweep (maybe) effect and that's about it to my eye.

Then you tweak it.

Return to posts index

Allen Jette
on Jul 26, 2010 at 9:48:39 pm

Thanks Steve. I've never tried this before but have seen it plenty. After a quick mockup I was able to get the same look with the default 50mm camera. This will be fun...

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
on Jul 27, 2010 at 12:54:19 am

Excellent.

You might want to switch off auto-orient (layer>transform>auto-orient) for the camera unless it's important for the camera to follow a specific point. If you end up animating the Point of Interest because you have to, not because you want to, you might want to switch it off.

It might take time before you develop your own working method with the 3D camera.

And try draft 3D or disable DOF if things get really slow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]