ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Elastic Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dmitry SokolovElastic Effect
by on Jul 26, 2010 at 1:43:00 pm

Hi, can someone point me to the setting/control to be used to achieve an elastic motion effect? i.e. when an action starts happening it starts slowly and accelerates then when it is about to stop it slows down gradually... (I'm trying to create a logo that spins and that looks smooth as well as a natural 'bounce' effect in another comp)

Hope this vague explanation is sufficient to convey what i'm looking for.

Thank you for your help!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Elastic Effect
by on Jul 26, 2010 at 1:53:01 pm

You can either use various keyframe animation techniques covered quite well here and here (and other pages from the same resource. Or you can use expressions. Dan Ebberts' website gives a lot of info on how to use expressions, but here's a tutorial that may help you get started in the right direction.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: Elastic Effect
by on Jul 26, 2010 at 1:55:56 pm

You just need "easy-ease" keyframes ... right click on any keyframe and select "easy-ease". If necessary, you can then go into the graph editor and adjust the amount of ease for the easy-ease keyframe(s).

[UPDATE] Or, what Michael said. ;~)

Return to posts index

Steve BlackerRe: Elastic Effect
by on Jul 26, 2010 at 3:22:18 pm

There's a nice script available called "Ease and Whizz" that extends your easing options somewhat as well.

It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else...

Return to posts index

Dmitry SokolovRe: Elastic Effect
by on Jul 30, 2010 at 1:17:33 pm

Thank you for all the assistance, Easy Ease KF did the job. No need to script for now...

Thank You!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved