ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE website export w interactive water base

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
maya czepAE website export w interactive water base
by on Jul 25, 2010 at 5:40:01 am

Hey Y'all,

Ok, so I'm not sure i'm using the right program here, but the effect I want is this:

one movie plays at the beginning creating a backdrop of water

this then leads to many buttons that, when pushed or scrolled over, react with that water base in different ways, depending on where on the screen the button is.

I am assuming I will have to create some separate coding to go along with it, depending on the buttons, and create the separate instances etc...but I am unsure which programs to use.

Anyone know how I can create this? So far I find AE the best candidate, and panopticum water creates the best effect i have found so far. Can I do this with expressions like I do with actionscript in Flash?

Is there some kind of coding that I can incorporate that will translate to a flash-based website?

I find AE has many more filters that provide the effects I need, and I usually export to .SWF and then incorporate them in flash....Is this really the best way to work with such medium? I find it super time consuming.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, and any pointers to pple who would know, or references to MMD who are working with similar situations also!

Many Thanks

Return to posts index

Charles TaylorRe: AE website export w interactive water base
by on Jul 26, 2010 at 12:14:48 am

You will need to animate and render out video for everything you want to happen.

AE cannot make video that renders in real time for an interactive effect, you will have to fake it.

Director of Photography

Return to posts index

maya czepRe: AE FlashWeb export w interactive water base
by on Jul 26, 2010 at 5:40:37 am

Damn, like I thought. Thanks Charles.

I will have to action-script all the instances and possibilities?

Is it possible to simply create a script w/ panopticum water as a base in flash? I kind of have a grasp of all these tools, but am lacking the essential connections to make them all work together, so any help would be great!

Catch me if I'm wrong, but, there has to be a way to create a water base via action script that can react to other elements put on top.

If there is anything of the sort that would make this seem naturalistic, please do let me know!! Naturalistic is the key here, and many instances piled on top of each other will not really work as well as I would like.

Thanks in advance!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved