ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Green Screen advice

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan SeitzGreen Screen advice
by on Jul 25, 2010 at 3:32:57 am

Hey guys -

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a bit of green screen keying. I found a tutorial on for a spill suppressor that works really well:

but leaves my background white instead of alpha-ed out. What would be the next step (before or after this tutorial) to achieve that alpha? Should I use keylight 1.2 (and how from that stage) - or is there a simpler way?

Thanks so much in advance!

Return to posts index

maya czepRe: Green Screen advice
by on Jul 25, 2010 at 5:53:18 am

So I am assuming you are using AE. You have to set the spill suppressor to suppress alpha channels.

The best Plugin for GSC is a combination of a Chroma Keyer that offers a range, a Spill Suppressor, and a good Matte Choker along with a Matte Fixer.

there are a lot of programs that can help further, so let me know if this helps.

Return to posts index

Evan SeitzRe: Green Screen advice
by on Jul 25, 2010 at 7:36:23 pm

The tutorial just shows putting a shift channels effect on the footage, moving the reds and blues to green, and then dropping in the same footage on top (composited to lighten - or maybe it was screen, not sure).

I didn't see an option to "suppress alpha channels" - what would I have to do now that I've gotten the spill suppressor on there via the above mentioned method?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Green Screen advice
by on Jul 26, 2010 at 1:28:43 pm

Create a key of your footage and use it as a track matte for your suppressed footage. This page gives lots of useful info on keying.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved