ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Histogram Information in Expressions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rossi VitelloHistogram Information in Expressions
by on Jul 23, 2010 at 10:01:45 am

Hello!

I want to track the blurriness of some footage and use that in expression code.

So i was thinking smart blur -> edges only: blurrier image - less edges, sharper image - more edges, which after some tweaking of treshhold and radius works really great as intended.

so now i want some kind of histogram information of the resulting edges only image for my expression, a single value of how the image is more black or white.

can i get that somehow, or do you have any completely different idea of how to get a value for the blurriness/sharpness of the frame?

sampleImage function didn't really help me... but maybe there's some way...

thanks for suggestions!
rossi

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Histogram Information in Expressions
by on Jul 23, 2010 at 6:06:39 pm

[Rossi Vitello] "so now i want some kind of histogram information of the resulting edges only image for my expression, a single value of how the image is more black or white. can i get that somehow, or do you have any completely different idea of how to get a value for the blurriness/sharpness of the frame? sampleImage function didn't really help me... but maybe there's some way..."

sampleImage is averaged, so I can imagine that it wouldn't really give you the data you're looking for. What about iterating through a series of small samples and keeping a running total of the brightness of each sample?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]