ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects field render multi processor issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Mitchell
After Effects field render multi processor issue
on Jul 23, 2010 at 2:52:23 am

AE CS5 64bit - there is a bug when rendering out fields using multi processors. Going from an HDTV 1080_25 preset comp to Animation codec (no scaling - output is 1080i25). Have the output dialogue box set to field render UFF. If you turn multiprocessing on to get the benefits of faster render and preview you get a correctly flagged UFF file but checking the file in AE it is actually progressive (well two identical fields in a row - no movement). Do the same render again with Multiprocessing disabled and the target file is created correctly with fields.

Don't know if this is a known problem but could see no reference to it on the interweb so thought I'd post it here - HTH some other users and hope Adobe addresses it.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: After Effects field render multi processor issue
on Jul 23, 2010 at 1:15:41 pm

[John Mitchell] "hope Adobe addresses it"

If you want Adobe to address it, I would suggest filing a bug report. They actually do read them and do work based off of them.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After Effects field render multi processor issue
on Jul 23, 2010 at 6:13:19 pm

[John Mitchell] "Have the output dialogue box set to field render UFF. "

Have you also double-checked the Interpret Footage settings to ensure that the fields are separated as upper field first?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]