ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Ghost Entering human body effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason oconnellGhost Entering human body effect
by on Jul 23, 2010 at 12:41:09 am

Does anyone know how I can make this more realistic?:

I was going to add a ripple effect in the final product, but was wondering how I can make it better.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Ghost Entering human body effect
by on Jul 23, 2010 at 7:22:22 am

There may be 1001 ways of doing this, but here's my idea:
1- give the "ghost" a transparent look and a slight glow. This will help identify it as the ghost.
2- us mesh warp to give the entering in the body a more fluid look- I'm thinking to keep the ghost in place (no walking forward) and have it flow in the person head first (with some theatrical arms movement) and finish entering somewhat like a smoke tail. Make the movement really fast in the beginning and slower to the end.
3- on the person, draw a mask that expands on the body from the enter point of the ghost, and apply a glow on the edge, to give the impression of the ghost taking over that persons body.

That's it- hopefully you can use all or some of it.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania
http://www.ennstudio.ro

Return to posts index

jason oconnellRe: Ghost Entering human body effect
by on Jul 23, 2010 at 10:16:49 am

Thanks Ted. I'm going to try your suggestions now :) The effect of the ghost flowing into the body is something I thought about doing, but didn't know how to pull it off. I forgot to mention that in the final product the ghost will be transparent before it enters the body

Return to posts index

jason oconnellRe: Ghost Entering human body effect
by on Jul 26, 2010 at 7:41:00 pm

Hi again, I'm having a problem with the distort effect interacting with the mask around the person. For some reason the mask doesn't seem to work and the mesh warp just goes straight trough it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]