ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Render Engine problem.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anders Lilkaer
AE Render Engine problem.
on Jul 22, 2010 at 9:47:05 am

Hello,

I'm trying to get network render going...

This is what I've done, and what happens:

1. Qued the comp
2. Made a folder on a shared drive callled "AE Watch Folder"
3. Collected Files
4. Made the folders shared folders, and made user-accounts for the other computers involved, and logged in.
5. Rendering settings are "multimachine psd"

Then when i try find the project in the watch folder, from the Render Engine on another computer, i starts open the project! (so far so good),
and i get to see a tiny glimpse of the project, and then it fails, and starts searching for the project again --- does anyone know what i do wrong here? I have an approaching deadline, so it'll be reallly great to hear from you hardcore dudes out here.

Thanks in advance,

Anders

Return to posts index

mehdi monfared
importing illustrator files into after effects problem.
on Jul 22, 2010 at 2:59:00 pm

importing illustrator files into after effects problem.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: AE Render Engine problem.
on Jul 22, 2010 at 3:09:06 pm

[Anders Lilkaer] "Then when i try find the project in the watch folder, from the Render Engine on another computer, i starts open the project! (so far so good),and i get to see a tiny glimpse of the project, and then it fails, and starts searching for the project again --- does anyone know what i do wrong here? I have an approaching deadline, so it'll be reallly great to hear from you hardcore dudes out here. "

What does the log file say?

Do all the render nodes have read and write permission to the shared storage? Do they all have all third-party plugins and fonts installed?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

keith mcgregor
Re: AE Render Engine problem.
on Jul 22, 2010 at 9:03:30 pm

And how badass is your machine? Could you say, run a couple of instances on one machine? I do it all the time on mac pro dual quads as it doesn't use all the processing power when rendering from the project, there is still a lot of unused cores. But once you get multiple machines working and seeing the watch folder, my advice is to leave them that way. I know some of us can't always use other's workstations but if you can...
-Keith

Reality? What did you make it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]