ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Text Problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Faraz Mozafarian
Text Problems
on Jul 21, 2010 at 8:49:45 pm

Hello,

I am editing a project and using after effects to create some titles. I have made sure my comp settings match my sequence settings in FCP and have created some animating text.

However, When I export and bring the text into FCP it looks distorted, almost as if there are little lines around the text that are moving.

I tried exporting to a few different codecs, including animation but nothing has worked.

The text animation looks perfect in AE, it is just when I bring it to FCP that it looks distorted.

Any ideas on what's going wrong here?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Text Problems
on Jul 21, 2010 at 9:01:04 pm

It may be an interlacing issue. Did you check your interlacing settings?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Faraz Mozafarian
on Jul 21, 2010 at 9:02:36 pm

Yes,

I made sure field render was off. Is there another setting somewhere?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 21, 2010 at 9:32:44 pm

I meant in Final Cut.

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Faraz Mozafarian
on Jul 21, 2010 at 9:44:13 pm

Well... my field dominance is set to none. Is that what you mean? is there another setting somewhere in FCP?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
I dunno
on Jul 21, 2010 at 10:16:41 pm

I'm not a Final Cut person, so I don't know. Sorry.
Do you have a screen shot or an example of the video so we can see what you're talking about?

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 21, 2010 at 10:30:41 pm

[Faraz Mozafarian] ".. my field dominance is set to none... is there another setting somewhere in FCP?"

Yup--go to the FCP Browser. Highlight the footage in question. Find the Field Dominance column. Make sure the footage is set to None.

By the way, the term, "Field Dominance" is incorrect. It is actually Field ORDER. You'd think that after seven versions of FCP, Apple would get it right.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Faraz Mozafarian
on Jul 21, 2010 at 11:43:06 pm

I actually did that as well but still no luck. I found a solution by just creating the text in Illustrator and then animating it as a .png file in AE but I shouldn't have to do that every time.

Here's a screen shot of the text in FCP

http://f1.creativecow.net/916/jagged-text

Any other ideas of what it may be?

Return to posts index

Mark Landman
on Jul 22, 2010 at 1:08:24 pm

If the Canvas or Viewer window sizes are set to something other than 100% the scaling can sometimes result in bad artifacts.

Mark Landman
PM Productions
Champaign, IL

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 22, 2010 at 1:14:10 pm

It's impossible to tell, because we have no clue about your project's resolution.

Furthermore, if you're relying on those little pea-shooter FCP viewers as your only source of information, you're at a great disadvantage. You can NEVER, EVER judge video quality using an FCP viewer. You absolutely MUST use a video monitor.

So are you using a video monitor?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]