[AE CS3] Stars movement like Paramount logo

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Valentina Ambrosio[AE CS3] Stars movement like Paramount logo
by on Jul 21, 2010 at 1:47:01 pm

Hi all,

I'd like to create an effect like the Paramount logo

This one:

Not the full effect, but only the movement of the stars coming from out of the camera and dispose around the Paramoun word.

I tried to create a NULL Object for the movement and parented to the stars, but I can't understand how to make a fluid movement and a tidy and precise placement of the stars around the word.

Help :(

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: [AE CS3] Stars movement like Paramount logo
by on Jul 21, 2010 at 4:02:35 pm

I would create the stars as shapes, arranging them in their final position. Earlier in the AE timeline, I would move each star to its initial position, creating a motion path, then adjust the Bezier handles as necessary. To make them move at different times, I would simply move the position keyframes as a pair in the timeline.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: [AE CS3] Stars movement like Paramount logo
by on Jul 21, 2010 at 5:09:51 pm

The Paramount stars are 3d objects. If you just want some stars (2d) to imitate the motion then do what Dave suggested. If you want to get the exact same look you will have to use a plugin like Zaxwerks or a 3d package.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania
http://www.ennstudio.ro

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: [AE CS3] Stars movement like Paramount logo
by on Jul 21, 2010 at 5:39:21 pm

Here's a thread that might help. I found it by searching the forums for "Paramount".

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Valentina AmbrosioRe: [AE CS3] Stars movement like Paramount logo
by on Jul 21, 2010 at 10:26:57 pm

Thank you all for the answers;

@Chris: This site is really helpful for the trail, but the question is... the stars follow the leader to the end position too. How can I stop them to a different position? :\

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: [AE CS3] Stars movement like Paramount logo
by on Jul 22, 2010 at 5:06:06 am

hi, yea you forgot about the bezier curve, just make sure you have a position keyframe exactly in the geometric and pixel center average of the start and end points. Here's a quick project aep I made to demonstrate that. Plus I didn't make it all paramount perfect with the spins etc., just showing the basics, ya know.

AE cs3 aep
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9W7CYQZP

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]