ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

logo field

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Johnsonlogo field
by on Jul 21, 2010 at 1:33:01 pm

Hi all,

I have about 60-70 company logos in a photoshop file (all seperate layers) and was wondering, what would be the simplest way to animate them in AE. I was thinking of them being in like a "starfield" in 3d space coming closer to (and maybe fly by) the camera. what would be the best way without animating each one individualy? Thanks in advance for the tips!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: logo field
by on Jul 21, 2010 at 3:07:56 pm

If you have Trapcode Particular, this is pretty easy. Do you have it?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

James JohnsonRe: logo field
by on Jul 21, 2010 at 3:26:23 pm

Sadly I do not. Would i be able to do it with particle world or any other default AE effect?

Return to posts index

by on Jul 21, 2010 at 4:23:22 pm

[James Johnson] "Would i be able to do it with particle world or any other default AE effect?"

Particular lets you create CUSTOM particles... logos, for example. You can easily create an entire starfield of logos. That's one of its great strengths, among others. The CC particle effects don't have that capability.

Without Particular, you'd have arrange every instance of a logo individually in 3D space, a much more difficult task.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on Jul 21, 2010 at 4:42:37 pm

Ok so you're saying with Particular I would be able to change each individual particle into one of my 70 logos allowing all 70 to be on screen in 3d space? If so great, and I will definetly look into buying Particular. Any suggestions on tutorials for such a thing?

Return to posts index

by on Jul 21, 2010 at 4:57:46 pm

Check out videocopilot.net; Andrew Kramer does a lot of cool stuff with Particular.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: logo field
by on Jul 21, 2010 at 5:37:33 pm

You could arrange all of the logos in a grid in a precomp and then use Card Dance to put them in 3d space.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jeremy AllenRe: logo field
by on Jul 21, 2010 at 6:44:07 pm

I was thinking along the lines of Michael's Card Dance solution. The particle trick will certainly make it easy to distribute the logos in 3D space, but I've found it difficult to show ONLY one of each logo. If that's not a big deal to you then go for it.

The basic idea of using custom particles is to have a composition wherein each logo only takes up one frame. So frame 1 would be logo 1, frame 2 is logo 2, etc.. Then you use that composition for your custom particle. Under the Custom twirl-down, set Time Sampling to random - still frame.

Hope this helps..

---------------------------------------------
8core MacPro, 3.0 GHZ, 10GB RAM, OSX 10.5.6

C4D 11.5
AE CS3
FCP 6.0.1

Return to posts index

by on Jul 22, 2010 at 3:13:21 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions! Card Dance seems to be doing the trick, execpt for one small problem. Most of the logos break up great, yet a few just don't want seperate from the one next to it
I am using a radial ramp and the intensity 1 parameter to break them up. What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

by on Jul 22, 2010 at 6:36:02 pm

Problem Solved! I just had to have the X and Y positions linked to themselves instead of the gradient. Still wishin I had Trapcode Particular..looked alot easier...(sigh)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]