ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

2 random questions (file size and plug ins)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Vo2 random questions (file size and plug ins)
by on Jul 19, 2010 at 4:11:15 pm

Hi Guys
great message board, lots of good stuff here. I have a couple questions. Thanks in advance for your help

When I render a file in losless, the file size is enormous. A 30 second video is about 2 gigs. How do I reduce this without losing any quality?

Also, i have obtained a plug in, but when i install it in the support folder, after effects still doenst recognize it. how do i install this Cycore plug in correctly?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: 2 random questions (file size and plug ins)
by on Jul 19, 2010 at 4:24:01 pm

[Mike Vo] "how do i install this Cycore plug in correctly..."

You follow the software developer's installation instructions TO THE LETTER, and you don't EVER try to do it intuitively, that's how.

[Mike Vo] "When I render a file in losless, the file size is enormous. A 30 second video is about 2 gigs. How do I reduce this without losing any quality"

The short answer: you don't. You use AE to render high-quality files, and you use different compression applications to compress the files for final delivery. If your computer's running ou of storage space, get more storage. Pain 'n simple.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

by on Jul 19, 2010 at 5:10:11 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "...Pain 'n simple..."

...although the above could also be accurate, the intended words are, "Plain 'n simple."

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on Jul 19, 2010 at 7:27:54 pm

[Mike Vo] "Thanks, I did, on three occassions. I can see the cycore files unpacked and in the folder, its just not being recognized by AE..."

If you haven't done so already, just shut down your computer and start it up again. Goodness should follow.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]