ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Looking for audio effect for stadium music heared when passed through a microphone

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeroen RuiterLooking for audio effect for stadium music heared when passed through a microphone
by on Jul 18, 2010 at 11:04:44 am

Hi,

I'm looking for an audio effect in AE or Ppro for the following situation. I'm making a registration of a hockey game. Music played in a hockey arena, do you hear different at your television at home, mostly through a microphone of a commentator.

Does anyone have an idea to help me on the right track?

Jeroen

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Looking for audio effect for stadium music heared when passed through a microphone
by on Jul 18, 2010 at 6:58:27 pm

Most microphones except for the $3,000 ones (schoeps), don't record at a high enough quality to even sound like us. So all you have to do is turn the pristine quality back into junk.

The lower end ones often enhance the sibilance(s's, t's), around the 2,000 hz, or give people unnatural 100hz bass at the same time having an uneven frequency response that's all over the place. Then add reverb, phase shifting, fuzz distortion.

You'll need soundforge, protools, etc. to do this stuff. You can even destroy the quality directly by remapping the 16bit to 8 bit or 44.1kHz sample to 22khz.

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Looking for audio effect for stadium music heared when passed through a microphone
by on Jul 19, 2010 at 3:46:34 pm

After Effects isn't really the best application for this. Use your editing application or an audio application, then just add it to the final mix.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jeroen RuiterRe: Looking for audio effect for stadium music heared when passed through a microphone
by on Jul 19, 2010 at 4:06:54 pm

Thanx for your replies. I use Adobe Audition to edit music.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Looking for audio effect for stadium music heared when passed through a microphone
by on Jul 19, 2010 at 4:28:54 pm

[Jeroen Ruiter] "I use Adobe Audition to edit music."

If you have AE and Audition, you've got Premiere. Do any necessary audio effects in Audition, and the final mix in Premiere.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]