ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Features used in this style

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary FrewinFeatures used in this style
by on Jul 17, 2010 at 4:39:16 pm

Hi everyone, sorry to barge into your forum with a very needy first post.

I've been trying to achieve a particular effect with AE for a while now and I don't seem to be getting very far. I'm not able to touch on the complexity of these looks.

These youtube clips have examples of what I am trying to do, you may have seen better examples elsewhere:

particularly at 26 and 35 seconds.

particularly at 26 and 1:06

Alot of people seem to be achieving this pop up mish mash of images style with interesting shape backgrounds and such. I'm curious if anyone knows what different effects and techniques are being utilised or of any tutorials that would be useful for getting to grips with the workflow of the style.

Sincerely Puzzled.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Features used in this style
by on Jul 17, 2010 at 7:38:46 pm

well, this is definitely not a quick plugin fix- it takes hours and days to create the elements in a design program like Illustrator or photoshop or both and then a lot of well thought of motion design. There may be some filters applied to images (like toonit or similar) but those are just small pieces in the big picture.
So, take it one step at a time and study pop art and graphic design and then motion design, try to replicate what you observe and the create your own pieces.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania

Return to posts index

Gary FrewinRe: Features used in this style
by on Jul 18, 2010 at 8:37:22 am

Muchos thanks for your response. I think I'll be able to get stuck in now that I know I'm not missing some simple fix. I'll just take it one elements at a time and see where I get!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved