ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to paste a mask with a size relative to the comp instead of the different layers?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Remco de VriesHow to paste a mask with a size relative to the comp instead of the different layers?
by on Jul 16, 2010 at 9:21:34 pm

Hi,

does anyone know if there is a possibility to paste masks (or paths) without them behaving relative to the layers, but to the comp size?

For instance:
Comp size: 1280 * 720
Layer 1 size: 800 * 600
Layer 2 size: 2000 * 2000

Suppose I have a mask on Layer 1 that is perfectly cut out for my project and I want to paste this on Layer 2 as well. When I try this the mask turns out looking much smaller on Layer 2, because this layer is much bigger. What I want is to copy a mask and disregarding the size of any other layer paste it in the same view size as on the original layer. So it has to be relative to the comp in stead of the size of the new layer.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance...!!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How to paste a mask with a size relative to the comp instead of the different layers?
by on Jul 16, 2010 at 9:57:54 pm

[Remco de Vries] "does anyone know if there is a possibility to paste masks (or paths) without them behaving relative to the layers, but to the comp size? "

Sorry, no. A mask goes on a layer, not onto a comp. So it works in relation with the layer.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: How to paste a mask with a size relative to the comp instead of the different layers?
by on Jul 17, 2010 at 12:24:27 am

try duplicating the layer with the perfect crop and using it as a trackmatte for the other layer...

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]