ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

1080p 60p not supported?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hunter Hempen1080p 60p not supported?
by on Jul 16, 2010 at 4:10:35 am

I'm not 100% sure what the folks on the Panasonic forum meant by this statement. It concerns the Panasonic HDC-TM700K (a camera which I'm currently eye-balling for purchase), and its AVCHD recording ability, as well as its new 1080p 60p feature. People were saying no editing system besides Vegas would support the format of the video captured to flash cards? Is this true??? Not sure if anybody would have particular experience with this model, but if so what IS the format it records too? Not being able to open video of this kind in CS4 After Effects boggles my mind a bit as an amateur.

Sincerely,
Hunta

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: 1080p 60p not supported? Not on THAT camera!
by on Jul 16, 2010 at 2:43:51 pm

[Hunter Hempen] "I'm not 100% sure what the folks on the Panasonic forum meant by this statement. "

It's pretty darned clear -- they don't support it. Camera technology hasn't progressed to the point where such a highly-sophisticated, Hollywood-movie, massive-bitrate feature is widely-available.

There ARE Panasonic cameras that can shoot 1080p 60p. Their price tags are about the same as a brand-new Corvette, lens not included.

You can't even get a decent TV set for the money you'd pay for that little pea-shooter camera you're eyeballing. So do you really think you'll be able to afford something like that?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

by on Jul 16, 2010 at 4:14:55 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "You can't even get a decent TV set for the money you'd pay for that little pea-shooter camera you're eyeballing. So do you really think you'll be able to afford something like that? "

How about if you write a clearly-understood sentence, Dave? Try putting some thought into it this time, bud!

Okay. Here goes:

You can't even get a decent TV set for the money you'd pay for that little pea-shooter camera you're eyeballing. So are you really surprised that it doesn't have all the bells, whistles and superior image quality of its far-pricier brethren?

That's better.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Hunter HempenRe: 1080p 60p not supported? Not on THAT camera!
by on Jul 16, 2010 at 4:44:59 pm

I appreciate the answer, Dave, but on a different subject, can you tone it down a bit?

With all due and respect to your years of experience in the field and undoubtedly stressful, deadline-packed career, not everybody on the forums has the know-how that you do. I think any Creative Cow veteran would agree that the forums are a place where people of all ages come to learn , not be ridiculed for their stupidity and/or lack of experience. New generations will be signing on and submitting endless inquiries about software, tech specs, etc. And with the respect directed towards veterans from the amateurs on the Cow, an appropriate if not equal amount should be directed back towards new members.

This is not a lecture, just a reminder. Until then, I will seek other sources to answer my questions.

Sincerely,
Hunta

Return to posts index

by on Jul 16, 2010 at 6:39:01 pm

Please note: I gave myself a harder time in this thread, making allusions to my own inability to think, than I gave to you.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]