ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Problem with CC Page Turn Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik LindahlProblem with CC Page Turn Effect
by on Jul 15, 2010 at 11:07:09 am

I have a problem with the CC Page turn effect in After effects. I am trying to make a movie where a book folds up and you can see the two spreads.

The cover image that I apply the effect to, is scaled down because I need to scale the book up later. From the CC Page Turn panel, I have set a background to the cover, wich of course is my left spread, and the right spread is an image that is positioned behind the cover.

When I use the Page turn effect, the result is that as the cover image folds up, it disappear "out of" the layer border. I tried to correct this with the "Grow Bounds" effect... only to see that this causes the background, set in the CC Page Turn effect panel, to be scaled for some reason? If I lower the Grow Bounds pixel amount, the background scales down again, and if I remove Grow Bounds completely, the background seems to be in the correct scale.

But then if I don't use Grow Bounds, I can't see the cover nor the background when the Page turn is complete. Because they are to the left of the original cover image's layer border.

Anyone else who has had the same problem, and does anyone have a hint how to solve it?

Most grateful for help,

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Problem with CC Page Turn Effect
by on Jul 15, 2010 at 4:14:28 pm

You're basing your use of the effect on the assumption that it can replicate a page turn in real 3D space. It can't. It can only FAKE it in 2D, so it can't work as you intend it to.

Have you looked at the 3D page-turning tutorials here on the COW?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Patrick RoganRe: Problem with CC Page Turn Effect
by on Oct 27, 2010 at 1:09:33 pm

I had a problem with CC Turn, and I know I realize it's because it's not a 3D effect. I can't find those tutorials on 3D Page-Turning, do you have a link or two?

He that is from above is above all.
I want to say dear Christians don't go around apologizing for Him.
Don't go around worried because you can't make His doctrines fit in with what you learned in school.
All you learned in school was one fallen head instructing another fallen head.
And you don't have to apologize for Him.

Return to posts index

Jens EnqvistRe: Problem with CC Page Turn Effect
by on Jul 15, 2010 at 10:19:36 pm

As of CS5 it might not be necessary, otherwise pre-compose to the size that you require for your page turn.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved