ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

effects in these

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sofia Donettieffects in these
by on Jul 15, 2010 at 3:09:28 am

Hey guys. I am new to AE but I am learning a lot with these forums.

My question is the following. I am making a video for a fashion store. They want something trendy, colorful and young. Ive been cheking out some cool effects that I want to recreate in my video.

Among others, I want to use these effect that I found. They must be really simple to a lot of you, but that is why I am asking for help.
I dont want to copy them exactly like they are, just want to know how they are done and do my own thing.

For the first one, Ive been working with particular, but I dont know how to get the round circles. I just get this blurry particles, which are nice, but not what I am looking for. What effect do they use to get these circles slowly moving upwards?

(I got the second one)...

thank you so much for your help guys.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: effects in these
by on Jul 15, 2010 at 1:10:11 pm

Create your composition, add solid, apply particular.

Particles/sec = 10
Emitter type = box.
Emitter position XY = middle of comp, bottom of comp(ie in a 872,486 comp = 436,486)
Direction = directional
X Rotation = +90
Emitter size x = width of comp
Emitter size y = 50
Emitter size z = 10

Particle type - Glow Sphere
Size = 50
Size random = 50
Color random = 86%(there a bunch of different ways to get random color, sample from a gradient, precompose a layer that samples the color....)
opacity random = 25%
Transfer mode = add.

These settings will give you a pretty good start, experiment from there, particle life, opacity over life...

Good luck

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved