ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

White border around Masked Fractal Noise

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason RobertsWhite border around Masked Fractal Noise
by on Jul 13, 2010 at 5:25:49 pm

I have a compound question.

I am attempting to make an image of a city street turn to white piece by piece. In order to give it a nice transitional effect, I am using fractal noise's swirl. To remove each element(such as trees, pillars attached to buildings, ect.), I am making each one and using different layers of the fractal noise to chime in at different times, so it looks like the swirl is wiping out each elements in its own way.

The problem is, when I mask these elements and put the fractal noise on a white solid under it, the mask has a small white outline around it. Is there a good way to remove it?

The second question would be, being a novice to AE and taking on much more than I can chew, is there a better way to achieve this effect? Any tutorials or words of wisdom to be passed on?

I'm working in CS4.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: White border around Masked Fractal Noise
by on Jul 13, 2010 at 6:03:41 pm

You should either precompose your Fractal Noise, or apply your mask to another layer and use that layer as a track matte for the Fractal Noise layer.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jason RobertsRe: White border around Masked Fractal Noise
by on Jul 13, 2010 at 6:08:13 pm

Aha! That worked well! Thank you!

I'm still tweaking this, and looking for the best solution, so more advice is appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved