ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Colour Grading/correction

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott GaskinColour Grading/correction
by on Jul 13, 2010 at 9:24:18 am

Was wondering if anyone could give me any advice or point me in the right direction.
I have recently shot video footage for a music video. As I am new to this particular field the footage is very inconsistent regarding the lighting. We used 3 lights (not sure what make)and there is a big inconsistency ranging from very dark to light. The dark shots look realy nice and would like to keep this look if poss. I have edited the video in Final Cut Pro. Is after effects the best tool for colour grading out of these 2? Any tips or links to tutorials would be really helpful

Return to posts index

craig whitRe: Colour Grading/correction
by on Jul 13, 2010 at 12:08:27 pm

If you have Final Cut Studio, I would suggest taking the sequence into Color and grade/correct there. If you've never used it, I would suggest reading or watching some tutorials first as the interface isn't that common. Good luck!

Craig Whitaker
MFA Candidate
New York University

Return to posts index

Scott GaskinRe: Colour Grading/correction
by on Jul 15, 2010 at 1:49:01 pm

Thanks for the msg Craig. I have played around with the 3 way colour correction in FCP. Not sure if this is what you were suggesting but it seems to have done the trick! Pls let me know if you think there is a better way.

Thanks Scott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved