ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Speed him up!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
craig whitSpeed him up!
by on Jul 12, 2010 at 10:09:23 pm

Hey everyone,

Before I post this, let me say that a reshoot is not an option and that I don't have a say in any aspect of this show except getting the shot completed.

Ok, with that said....

I have a scene with two actors, one running away from the other (away from camera) and he needs to be slightly sped up (10 fps faster) than the other actor.

Is the idea behind this to roto the BG actor and speed him up? I would assume I need to create a clean plate as well?

Thank you.

Best,
Craig

Craig Whitaker
MFA Candidate
New York University
http://www.craigwhitaker.net

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Speed him up!
by on Jul 12, 2010 at 10:33:34 pm

[craig whit] "Is the idea behind this to roto the BG actor and speed him up? I would assume I need to create a clean plate as well? "

The answer to both questions is "yes."

You'll want to look at AE's timewarp effects to help the speedup, and you'd better hope to God this was a locked-down shot. If not, the complexity of the task goes up by leaps and bounds.

The upside: when done, you will have learned about rotoscoping first hand, not to mention learning why effects editors are frequently present on the set when shooting.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

craig whitRe: Speed him up!
by on Jul 12, 2010 at 11:07:14 pm

Hey Dave,

thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it.
It\'s a lock off so that helps big time, plus the vfx sup shot a clean plate .. just wanted to clarify my ideas for the workflow before I wasted a bunch of hours. I don\'t mind doing the roto if it\'s the right solution. Thanks again.

Craig Whitaker
MFA Candidate
New York University
http://www.craigwhitaker.net

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Speed him up!
by on Jul 12, 2010 at 11:16:42 pm

[craig whit] "It's a lock off so that helps big time, plus the vfx sup shot a clean plate"

Whew, that's a BIG time saver. Without having seen the shot, rotoscoping is the only surefire solution.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]