ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

KEYLIGHT problem rendering CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Guinefort Alexandre
KEYLIGHT problem rendering CS5
on Jul 12, 2010 at 7:52:59 pm

Hi i've just used Keylight in AECS5 for the first time (i was using primatte in FCP), i've followed the tutorial by video2brain with no problem until the render = the keying is good and works well in my composite project time line. Almost realtime playback !

I have a background (Logo-psd file) and a foreground (journalist / QT-PRORES 422HQ under green screen), the keying is very good, all the tools are helpful and i'm very happy with it.
I've checked the rendering settings and it looks good (destination, quality of the video etc..)
Problem :
Each time i render i only have the background on my final video. no journalist, no foreground.
If anyone had the same problem ? i guess it must be a little button somewhere ? dame me.
I'll keep looking all night.

Alex (French = sorry for the limited vocabulary).

Macpro 8 cores / 2,26 / 12 gigas / 6 TO raid 0 / os 10,6 / Nvidia quadro fx 4800 / 5d mark 2 / CS5 / STUDIO 2 /

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: KEYLIGHT problem rendering CS5
on Jul 12, 2010 at 10:27:25 pm

[Guinefort Alexandre] "...sorry for the limited vocabulary..."

Don't worry: you write better than quite a few native English speakers on this forum.

Your description of the problem makes me think that you rendered the wrong comp. If you imported the Photoshop file as a composition, it could happen.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Guinefort Alexandre
on Jul 13, 2010 at 7:13:01 pm

thanks for the answer,
i did not find the problem but i've finished my job using primatte in fcp
very very long rendering..

still i can't render my foreground in ae
i've done a screen capture , here is it
it's just to ckeck if you see something wrong before the render section. if not i'll send you a capture of the render section.
thanks again.
Alex

Macpro 8 cores / 2,26 / 12 gigas / 6 TO raid 0 / os 10,6 / Nvidia quadro fx 4800 / 5d mark 2 / CS5 / STUDIO 2 /

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 13, 2010 at 7:27:21 pm

I see that multiprocessing was deactivated because of insufficient memory. You have 8 cores and 12 Gigabytes of RAM. You shouldn't get that message. I recommend using 6 cores for After Effects and 2 cores for the operating system, and leaving 2 Gigabytes for the Operating system and other applications.

If you do that, what happens when you render?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Guinefort Alexandre
on Jul 14, 2010 at 1:12:49 pm

hi thanks
i've tried but i'm not sure i did succeed changing the settings or how too ?
here is a few capture in the memory settings
i've changed the background but it's not coming from it, so i came back to the first one.
the guy who sold me the mac told me that 12 gigas for 8 cores was better than 16 gigas
i have a macbook pro 2,4 ghz since 2 years (i'm a photographer going to vidéo).

i also have an apple qmaster setting (when i use compressor = 16 fake cores mpeg2 encoding)
but when i use AECS5 i shut down FCP and all the other app off course.

so the question is how to do what you told me ? did i already succeed ? (look at the capture)
when i use those settings, it's not changing anything.
I've been looking at the adobe help center but could not find much help, since my problem is not even
the real time preview but really the render.

Return to posts index

Guinefort Alexandre
on Jul 14, 2010 at 1:16:25 pm

here is the setting you told me to try ?

alex

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 14, 2010 at 8:55:40 pm

[Guinefort Alexandre] "here is the setting you told me to try ? "

Yes. My French is very bad, but I think I see a warning about using virtual processors at the bottom of the window. After Effects must use the actual processors. So turn hyperthreading off.

Here is another thing to try: if you use Open GL to make the render go faster, turn it off, too. Using Open GL often causes problems.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Guinefort Alexandre
on Jul 16, 2010 at 8:45:54 am

thanks again
can you tell me how to turn hyperthreading off
i see how to turn open gl off.

Another thing.
Since i gave backround rendering more cores
the render works. but still i don't have real time play back
i guess it's because i don't have enought memory per cores (12 gigas = 6 cores with 2gb and i have 8 cores, maybe it's a problem / since i give up 2 cores for the computer i still have only 6 cores with 10 gigas / i guess at the end it's max 4 or 3 cores for the background with 2 gb or 1,5.

see capture

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 16, 2010 at 3:09:54 pm

[Guinefort Alexandre] "can you tell me how to turn hyperthreading off "

You do it in your Macintosh's System Preferences. It isn't an After Effects setting.

I don't remember the size of your comp. if it's big, you may not be able to RAM preview in real time. It happens to me all the time when I work in HD, and I have an 8-core Mac Pro.

There is a section in After Effects Help about making RAM Previews faster. You should read it. Sadly, I only have links to the English version.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Guinefort Alexandre
on Jul 16, 2010 at 3:42:43 pm

thanks a lot
i see now where i am and where i can go

alex

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]