ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D Motion Tracking Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Kelly3D Motion Tracking Problem
by on Jul 12, 2010 at 4:30:39 pm

I'm hoping someone in here might be able to help. My problem is I'm motion tracking in boujou 4 and doing a camera solve for AE, and when I set up my scene in boujou everything is perfect, the 3d geometry is fine, and the boujou test object tracks well, but when I export camera to C4D, everything is a mess, it changes the size of the comp from 872x486 to 924x515 so when I drop the footage in the timeline everything is off. It does the same thing for Cinema 4D, the parameters get all jacked up. I know that is is sort of a Boujou question but there's no boujou forum here. Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: 3D Motion Tracking Problem
by on Jul 12, 2010 at 4:53:07 pm

I'm going to bet that the footage you're tracking is NOT 872x486, but some other resolution.

Try putting the footage in question in an 872x486 precomp. This should trick the software into thinking that the footage has the exact same settings as the comp, and life should get better.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Travis KellyRe: 3D Motion Tracking Problem
by on Jul 12, 2010 at 5:01:31 pm

i rendered it out to that size before tracking so I know it is. And it does say that it's that size even when I import it into boujou the only time it changes is after the camera solve. any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved