ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Flip An Entire Project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jenn McDonnerFlip An Entire Project
by on Jul 11, 2010 at 8:23:01 pm

I am working for a new client who displays their final renders on plasma TVs in landscape and portrait. For the portrait ones, they just flip the TV sideways. Is there a way to flip an AE project and have all of the animations automatically flip 90 degrees without having to start from scratch and re-do the entire project? On top of it all, it is due tomorrow morning.

Thanks for any help....

Jenn

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: Flip An Entire Project
by on Jul 11, 2010 at 10:55:53 pm

You arranged your composition for a horizontal frame and the client expects it to look good in a vertical frame too? Without rearranging as lot of elements?

Try this: add an adjustment layer over everything and apply effect>distort>transform and rotate 90 degrees within that effect. If that doesn't work, drag the whole comp into another comp and rotate it 90 degrees inside that comp. You might have to hit the continuous rasterization switch.

But methinks you'll have to re-arrange a large part of your comp.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Flip An Entire Project
by on Jul 12, 2010 at 3:31:57 pm

[Jenn McDonner] "I am working for a new client who displays their final renders on plasma TVs in landscape and portrait."

It sounds like they have done this before.

Thus, they understand that the screen for vertical display gets rotated 90 degrees.
You need to understand that you can't mix portrait and landscape in the same animation. You have to do two separate ones. You'll need to know which direction they rotate their screen: clockwise or counter-clockwise. You don't want you animations to appear upside-down.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dan LaClocheRe: Flip An Entire Project
by on Dec 14, 2010 at 5:09:21 pm

Does anyone have any cool examples of vertical motion graphics? I'm starting a project and need inspiration.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]