ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion Tracking trouble

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Foy Watson
Motion Tracking trouble
on Jul 9, 2010 at 1:58:29 am

Hey guys,

I'm just getting started into After Effects CS3 and am having the most difficult time figuring out Motion Tracking. I can get the clip tracked, but I cannot get anything to actually match the footage. Take this clip for example:

What I want to do is throw a blood splatter on the left side wall. I have the footage tracked, but the blood splatter plugin doesn't conform to the wall. It "somewhat tracks," but doesn't stick to the wall the way I'd like. Any helps for a hopeless noob?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Motion Tracking trouble
on Jul 9, 2010 at 1:19:11 pm

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/blood_splatter/

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Motion Tracking trouble
on Jul 9, 2010 at 2:39:48 pm

[Foy Watson] "I'm just getting started into After Effects CS3 and am having the most difficult time figuring out Motion Tracking. I can get the clip tracked, but I cannot get anything to actually match the footage... What I want to do is throw a blood splatter on the left side wall. I have the footage tracked, but the blood splatter plugin doesn't conform to the wall. It "somewhat tracks," but doesn't stick to the wall the way I'd like. Any helps for a hopeless noob?"

AE's built-in tracker is a pixel (or point) tracker; starting with CS4, mocha-AE, a planar tracker, is included in the AE bundle. What's the difference? Because planar trackers track a plane in 2D space, you can follow the change in perspective through the camera move -- like the wall in the shot you shared.

Motion-tracking this shot would have been a lot easier with markers on the wall in the original shot.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]