ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

need to replace AVI and retain cloning/ tracking data- how to do?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Iversonneed to replace AVI and retain cloning/ tracking data- how to do?
by on Jul 7, 2010 at 3:45:42 am

How can I transfer the tracking and cloning data from one AVI to another? In other words, I have two nearly identical AVIs except one has more color saturation than the other. However, I only tracked and cloned within the video of less saturation. Now I need to transfer this data to the identical video with more color saturation. What would even be better is if I could somehow drag the video with more saturation directly on top of the first and all effects would then apply to the replacement, however when I try moving the videos they just want to go above or below the one I'm trying to replace.

Thanks,
Jon

Return to posts index

Joseph PoleRe: need to replace AVI and retain cloning/ tracking data- how to do?
by on Jul 7, 2010 at 4:19:59 am

Jon

On the timeline...

Duplicate the layer with the tracking data effects etc(the less saturated one in your case)

Highlight the duplicated layer

Then go to the project window

Select the footage item you want to add effects to (the more saturated one in your case)

Hold down the alt key and drag the footage from the project window to the timeline.

that should do it

j

http://www.josephpole.com

Return to posts index

Jon IversonRe: need to replace AVI and retain cloning/ tracking data- how to do?
by on Jul 7, 2010 at 3:03:06 pm

Joe,

Thanks a lot! This worked well and saved me from perhaps tons of extra work trying to figure out what to do.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]